Purchase a New or Used Toy Hauler in Edmonton
Everyone who owns a recreational vehicle uses it in their own unique way. Maybe you’re the type to take it on long road trips for months at a time. Perhaps you want to take it to nearby national forests, park for a week and enjoy the outdoors. Maybe you want to bring along a recreational vehicle and have some fun off-roading on your trip. There’s no wrong way to vacation, but there are certain RVs that will better suit your needs depending on the types of trips you plan to take. Trailblazer RV offers a variety of RVs, including toy haulers in Edmonton. Please reach out to us to learn more about our vehicle options.
What Is a Toy Hauler?
A toy hauler can be a travel trailer, fifth wheel, or motorhome. However, it has one important extra feature – an area to store your recreational toys and a ramp for easy loading and unloading. A toy hauler is an RV that features both living and garage space, with the back acting as a storage area to haul ATVs, bikes, motorcycles, and more. This additional space makes it easy to take along all your outdoor equipment and accessories so you can make the most of your trip.
How Is a Toy Hauler Different than a Travel Trailer?
Because there are so many different RV options available, it’s important to recognize the differences between each. Understanding these differences will help make your decision easier when you’re looking for one to purchase. Toy haulers are an excellent option for outdoor enthusiasts who have lots of equipment or other outdoor accessories to take along on their trip. The primary differences between toy haulers and other travel trailers are:
- Garage Space: While you may sacrifice some living space in a toy hauler, you’ll have garage space to store your recreational toys. In most toy haulers, this garage space ranges from 8 to 13 feet long, giving you ample room for various vehicles like ATVs. Not to mention, this additional space can be used as a screened-in or covered deck when the vehicles are removed and parked elsewhere.
- Weigh More: Because toy haulers have extra space for outdoor equipment and vehicles, they’re designed to carry more weight than the average travel trailer. This means a toy hauler will be heavier in order to provide support for this extra weight. In most cases, you’ll need a heavier duty truck and hitch to pull a toy hauler.
- Cost: Toy haulers will cost more than standard travel trailers due to their additional support and ability to carry excess weight. On the other hand, toy haulers often cost less than fifth wheels because they are usually not as large or luxurious as a fifth wheel model.
Benefits of Toy Haulers
Toy haulers are the perfect solution for travelers who have extra outdoor vehicles and recreational equipment to take along on their vacations. These specialized travel trailers provide everything you need in a recreational vehicle while also offering some additional features. Some of the main benefits of toy haulers include:
- Extra Garage Space: Many travelers have extra outdoor equipment to help them enjoy their time camping. A toy hauler allows you the additional space to bring along ATVs, golf carts, bicycles, kayaks, and more. A standard travel trailer will not have this option, which means you will have to pull a second trailer if you want to bring any of these items with you.
- Patio or Deck Space: A toy hauler features a large ramp that folds up and down for easy loading and unloading of your toys. Once your toys have been unloaded, the ramp can be extended straight out from the trailer and used as a party deck or patio.
- Plenty of Living Space: You may think you’ll have to sacrifice living space with a toy hauler, but this isn’t necessarily true. Once your extra equipment and toys are safely unloaded, you can use the garage area as additional living space. This can act as an extra bedroom or a place for the family to hang out.
Bring Your Recreational Toys Along for the Trip
As you already know, a toy hauler allows you to bring all your recreational toys along with you on your vacation. But you may not realize just how versatile this extra space can be. If you like cruising the campgrounds in a golf cart, there’s space for it. Maybe you want to bring an ATV or off-road vehicle to help you explore the wilderness. With a toy hauler, you can. This space is also great for non-motorized recreational equipment, like mountain bikes, kayaks, and more. Whatever activities you plan to do while on your trip, a toy hauler gives you the extra space to bring along the necessary equipment.
Contact Us Today
Owning an RV is the perfect way to hit the open road and travel to places across the country. Trailblazer RV is here to help make your road trip dreams come true by helping you find the right recreational vehicle to meet your needs. If you are interested in learning more about our selection of toy haulers or other RV options, please reach out to us today or stop by and see us. A member of our team will be happy to assist you!